Please sign up here for monthly newsletters with neighborhood updates…
Here are some recent newsletters…
I’m the Advisory Neighborhood Commissioner (ANC) representing parts of Georgetown, Burleith, and Hillandale. My wife and I have lived in DC for over 15 years and we currently live at 39th and T Streets in Burleith. We recently had our first child and we are excited to raise our child in this neighborhood.
- The Washington Post wrote in 2014 that I am “an outspoken advocate” and had “racked up some notable accomplishments” as an elected Commissioner in Dupont Circle as well. I’ve worked 5 years for DC Government as community outreach specialist for DC Health Link. I have strong contacts across DC Government and the Police Department and the DC Council. I’ve testified on behalf of my community over 20 times. I don’t give up. I use “polite persistence” – I call, email, text, tweet, and show up in person until we get results.
- I enjoy helping people and want to improve our neighborhood for all families and residents of all ages. We love living in this neighborhood and believe that we can make it even better for all of the residents who live here. I will use my many years of successful DC community advocacy experience to be a very proactive commissioner who will help you navigate DC government and who will get results for you, our neighbors
The Georgetowner Endorses
Kishan Putta for ANC!
“It’s time — in the spirit of rotation and fresh ideas — for a new commissioner, and Burleith may have found one in candidate Kishan Putta…He really knows his stuff — look for his “polite persistence” in dealing with city officials. The Georgetowner endorses Kishan Putta. He will provide a different and bright perspective here.”
Other Recent Mentions in the News:
- “If we’re going to do it, let’s do it right,’ Putta said.” — The Georgetowner: July 30, 2018
- “It was Putta’s community organizing that gave voice to thousands” — TransitCenter: May 22, 2017
- “Putta, a community outreach worker… explained the goal of the DC Health Link campaign” — Washington Post: January 23, 2017
- “An outspoken advocate” — Washington Post: June 29, 2014
- “Kishan Putta has racked up some notable accomplishments… A major force pushing city officials” — Washington Post: June 6, 2014